epicDude's Ramblings

Monday, November 15, 2004

Race from hell

This weekend I needed a win to secure my points standings for the season. In my pre-ride of the course I fell and busted my gera shifters. This means I had to complete the race in a fixed gear, aka single speed.

It was a true test of spirits ... I didn't expect to do well, but surprisingly I got 4th. I'm upset about it because I was in 1st and then 2nd for most of the race, but towards the end I started falling here and there, and I got a bad calf cramp from the additional strain of the tough gear I was stuck in.

*sigh*

Anyways, I get props from fellow bikers because going single speed is pretty hardcore, but I wanted to do better. Though it's not like I underperformed, my equipment malfunctioned.

I can still be pissed though, right?

Oh well, 3 more races and then I'm DONE! YEEEHAAA! I really can't wait. I've got a new mark this weekend ... he's going down ... and then I'm going to be the undisputed champ.

I hope my calf feels good by Wednesday so I can work on it a little before the race next weekend.

Oh, and speaking of next weekend, I have to find someone to watch the animal for me ... usually I take him, but this weekend will be too much. Have to start polling my friends, see if anyone is up for it. I've already been rejected by one. Fucker.

-Dude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home