epicDude's Ramblings

Friday, April 15, 2005

Roadie Dude

The road bike is fucking awesome, I can't even describe. I've been putting in some 4+ hour, 75+ mile days, it's just awesome. And after I burn 2700 calories, I can eat WHATEVER-I-WANT! The speed is addicting. Of course, to participate I find myself waking up at 7am. I can get up to ride at 7am, but I can't get up for work before 8:10am, go figure.

On the weekends, there's a Sat & Sun ride. During the week there's a Tues, Wed, Thurs ride. It's nuts. I can't do 'em all, but I wish I could. I still need gym time, though I'm sure it will be dwindling with the longer daylight hours.

Last night I saw my first roadie wreck. The group (~20 riders) was debating on making a turn, if you go one way, you go up the mother of all climbs, and the other, you just go up a slight incline. Either way you end up at the same spot.

Anyways, some people were saying go big, some were pussing out ... 3 guys to for the huge climb and it seems everyone else is going straight, this one chick goes for the climb direction, then sees everyone going easy, so she pulls back out, meanwhile another guy steers off right into her.

Carbon wheels make a nifty little *snapping* sound when they crack in half. Everyone was ok, just bruised butts and egos.

-Dude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home