Epiphany Again
Last night, after I got home from WORK at around 10:30pm, I called up Nipples. She was waiting for my call, as we had a serious game of cards to finish up. The gauntlet was thrown earlier in the evening after I cooked her dinner and scored 215 to 40 in single round of rummy. I should have bet a bj.
In any event, the occasion for dinner was her brand spankin' new job offer. Nice little raise; more money is always nice. I am constantly reminded: I have not had a raise in almost 3 years.
WHAT THE FUCK?! Maybe that's why my work ethic is so piss-poor. Maybe that's why I spend all day reloading CNN, various blog sites and stuipd forums. I should be making at least 10-20k more than I do. I used to be ahead of the game, above the clouds, the little fucking prodigy with the real job, real money, real head start. Oh how the tables have turned, now I'm underpaid and everyone else is advancing. I've been spinning my wheels for 3 fucking years.
I even get offers from friends sometimes; "Hey man, you gotta come check out this gig, I can get you in, big bucks, and in your area of expertise." I always blow it off. I'm stuck spinning my wheels, in that fake comfort zone.
But really my work ethic isn't piss poor. I'm a perfectionist. My shit don't stink. Maybe it's --- I don't know the word. Basically I come in and procrastonate, but when I lay the smack down, things get done. The other day a coworker was working on something for just over 2 hours. He finally asked me for help and I fixed it in 30 seconds. So the way I see it: If I work for 2 minutes a day, that's the equivalent of his 8 hours. Bada-bing!
Ahhh fuck it's 11:30 ... suppose I should put a real 1/2 hour in before lunch!
-Dude
In any event, the occasion for dinner was her brand spankin' new job offer. Nice little raise; more money is always nice. I am constantly reminded: I have not had a raise in almost 3 years.
WHAT THE FUCK?! Maybe that's why my work ethic is so piss-poor. Maybe that's why I spend all day reloading CNN, various blog sites and stuipd forums. I should be making at least 10-20k more than I do. I used to be ahead of the game, above the clouds, the little fucking prodigy with the real job, real money, real head start. Oh how the tables have turned, now I'm underpaid and everyone else is advancing. I've been spinning my wheels for 3 fucking years.
I even get offers from friends sometimes; "Hey man, you gotta come check out this gig, I can get you in, big bucks, and in your area of expertise." I always blow it off. I'm stuck spinning my wheels, in that fake comfort zone.
But really my work ethic isn't piss poor. I'm a perfectionist. My shit don't stink. Maybe it's --- I don't know the word. Basically I come in and procrastonate, but when I lay the smack down, things get done. The other day a coworker was working on something for just over 2 hours. He finally asked me for help and I fixed it in 30 seconds. So the way I see it: If I work for 2 minutes a day, that's the equivalent of his 8 hours. Bada-bing!
Ahhh fuck it's 11:30 ... suppose I should put a real 1/2 hour in before lunch!
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home