Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm an Asshole?
Sure, I'm a dickwad around my friends. I don't take a lot of things too seriously. On the other hand, sometimes I do take things too seriously.
Yesterday at work, one of the guys made a comment about how I only care about myself. I was a little flabberghasted by it. He's one of my best friends, a member of the inner circle of trust. He's as stubborn as I am most of the time, but we're good friends. How could he say that?
I don't always talk about myself. I listen once in a while. I give good advice (except with stocks eh Fish). I am genuine, and can honestly say that I care about the well being of others. Fuck, not considerate of others. I have a conscience, more so than most people.
But to hear one of my best friends say something like that, then stick to his guns when I laugh like he's kidding. That was fucking cold. Don't hate my ass 'cause you stopped cycling and gained weight while I marched on through to 2 fucking championships. Don't get mad at me 'cause I spend all my money on biking shit while you spend yours on 12-gauges and deer sausage processing. Eat my asshole fucker.
The thing that sparked it was a fucking amazing email I got from a writer who's been following the series. It was beyond flattering. I was floored, speechless. After I gained my composure, I strutted around the office like the damn stud I am. I think that's when the jealous crew pitched a tent in my parade.
I'll write about the awesome email some other time. I don't want to taint it with this bullshit.
Off to make dinner. Yeeha.
-Dude
Yesterday at work, one of the guys made a comment about how I only care about myself. I was a little flabberghasted by it. He's one of my best friends, a member of the inner circle of trust. He's as stubborn as I am most of the time, but we're good friends. How could he say that?
I don't always talk about myself. I listen once in a while. I give good advice (except with stocks eh Fish). I am genuine, and can honestly say that I care about the well being of others. Fuck, not considerate of others. I have a conscience, more so than most people.
But to hear one of my best friends say something like that, then stick to his guns when I laugh like he's kidding. That was fucking cold. Don't hate my ass 'cause you stopped cycling and gained weight while I marched on through to 2 fucking championships. Don't get mad at me 'cause I spend all my money on biking shit while you spend yours on 12-gauges and deer sausage processing. Eat my asshole fucker.
The thing that sparked it was a fucking amazing email I got from a writer who's been following the series. It was beyond flattering. I was floored, speechless. After I gained my composure, I strutted around the office like the damn stud I am. I think that's when the jealous crew pitched a tent in my parade.
I'll write about the awesome email some other time. I don't want to taint it with this bullshit.
Off to make dinner. Yeeha.
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home