May I Speak With The Manager Please
Before a race, you need consistency. Some people have a ritual. They eat the same things, the same way, at the same time, before every race. Lucky socks and unwashed bandanas. Whatever.
So this weekend we're at Olive Garden, again. This is our 4th time at the same location this season, we're VIP by now. OG isn't the best, but their chicken parm is damn decent when you're out of town for a race; consistent. We sneak up to the bar because you can get food (and drinks) ASAP instead of waiting in the 45 min line.
There's an African American woman eating alone one bar-table over from us. We're talking about this 'black' rider that we saw today on the pre-ride, that we hadn't seen in a long while. About 20 minutes later, the solo-diner is ready to leave, and as she pays her bill, she asks to speak to the manager. I'm sure the waiter loves this part of the job. I'm wondering if she's going to complain about our RACIST remarks. Of course, we just identified her as the black chick, and were talking about what a GOOD rider she was, but whatever, suppose it's my guilty conscience.
Manager rolls around about 15 mins later, at which point I figure the real carnage will begin. And she explains to him that she had wonderful service and just thought he should know.
WTF?! No complaint?! No $ off the bill!? NO FREE MEAL!?!?! That was awesome. We should all find ways to give praise more often. The world is full of too much negativity and loathe. Shit-for-brains and I usually leave our praise in the form a tip, but sometimes hearing it means so much more.
-Dude
So this weekend we're at Olive Garden, again. This is our 4th time at the same location this season, we're VIP by now. OG isn't the best, but their chicken parm is damn decent when you're out of town for a race; consistent. We sneak up to the bar because you can get food (and drinks) ASAP instead of waiting in the 45 min line.
There's an African American woman eating alone one bar-table over from us. We're talking about this 'black' rider that we saw today on the pre-ride, that we hadn't seen in a long while. About 20 minutes later, the solo-diner is ready to leave, and as she pays her bill, she asks to speak to the manager. I'm sure the waiter loves this part of the job. I'm wondering if she's going to complain about our RACIST remarks. Of course, we just identified her as the black chick, and were talking about what a GOOD rider she was, but whatever, suppose it's my guilty conscience.
Manager rolls around about 15 mins later, at which point I figure the real carnage will begin. And she explains to him that she had wonderful service and just thought he should know.
WTF?! No complaint?! No $ off the bill!? NO FREE MEAL!?!?! That was awesome. We should all find ways to give praise more often. The world is full of too much negativity and loathe. Shit-for-brains and I usually leave our praise in the form a tip, but sometimes hearing it means so much more.
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home