Second Round First Rate Beating
I race mountain bikes. I could stop there, but no; I don't have to be modest. This is my Internet, and I can say whatever the fuck I want.
I'm a champion. A two-time champion (not to be confused with two-timing)). I have taken my 3rd season by the reigns (for the 2nd time), and it's almost over, just a couple more weekends on the road, and I'm done for a while. It's been fun again. In some ways it was more fulfulling than others, and in some ways not so much.
I didn't have the mechanicals that plagued me last year. Sure, I snapped another frame, but it was worth it. I'm really looking forward to having my weekends back. I don't even know what I'm going to do with them, but they'll be mine ... ALL MINE!!! muahahaha!
Sometimes I get pretty emotional, I think it's the heat. I remember my final race last year, fighting back tears the last mile of my race, thinking to myself "fuck, I earned this, I trained and pushed and maxed out, here I am, about to take the season, I've earned it." This year, while it hasn't been so emotional, just the mental challenge to step up to the plate, and point out into left field, then actually follow through and make it happen. It takes commitment, determination, strength, power ... apparently somewhere deep down, I actually have these qualities.
In the end, it doesn't really matter who I beat or how I ended up where I am, but rather, that I made it ... and the journey is complete, and I had a great time along the way.
I wonder what kind of schwag first place gets this year!
-champ
I'm a champion. A two-time champion (not to be confused with two-timing)). I have taken my 3rd season by the reigns (for the 2nd time), and it's almost over, just a couple more weekends on the road, and I'm done for a while. It's been fun again. In some ways it was more fulfulling than others, and in some ways not so much.
I didn't have the mechanicals that plagued me last year. Sure, I snapped another frame, but it was worth it. I'm really looking forward to having my weekends back. I don't even know what I'm going to do with them, but they'll be mine ... ALL MINE!!! muahahaha!
Sometimes I get pretty emotional, I think it's the heat. I remember my final race last year, fighting back tears the last mile of my race, thinking to myself "fuck, I earned this, I trained and pushed and maxed out, here I am, about to take the season, I've earned it." This year, while it hasn't been so emotional, just the mental challenge to step up to the plate, and point out into left field, then actually follow through and make it happen. It takes commitment, determination, strength, power ... apparently somewhere deep down, I actually have these qualities.
In the end, it doesn't really matter who I beat or how I ended up where I am, but rather, that I made it ... and the journey is complete, and I had a great time along the way.
I wonder what kind of schwag first place gets this year!
-champ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home