Early Bird Gets The Worm.
The early bird doesn't get shit. I've been coming into work early and really busting hump the last month (almost). No one notices (or says anything if they do). They just do the typical shit: ask for more.
"What will it take to buy your spare time?" he asked. I'm like, are you kidding.
Money doesn't motivate me. That's what I say. I like money, we need it to live. But sometimes things aren't for sale. Extra money would be great, but I don't NEED it. So to ask me what it would take to "own" me, it would take a lot of money. It would need to make YOU sacrifice something as sacred to YOU as my time is to me. Tit for tat. Money motivates most people, especially employers.
I committed to working more, I haven't heard what I get for that. Supposedly evals are coming up. I'm asking for 15-20%, not a measley 3 or 4. If I don't get it, I really need to mount up and figure out my professional life. I've been going in circles too long.
I worked too hard as a kid to get to the top of the totem pole to only end up at the bottom a few years later, after all that sacrifice; when my time didn't mean so much to me.
-Dude
"What will it take to buy your spare time?" he asked. I'm like, are you kidding.
Money doesn't motivate me. That's what I say. I like money, we need it to live. But sometimes things aren't for sale. Extra money would be great, but I don't NEED it. So to ask me what it would take to "own" me, it would take a lot of money. It would need to make YOU sacrifice something as sacred to YOU as my time is to me. Tit for tat. Money motivates most people, especially employers.
I committed to working more, I haven't heard what I get for that. Supposedly evals are coming up. I'm asking for 15-20%, not a measley 3 or 4. If I don't get it, I really need to mount up and figure out my professional life. I've been going in circles too long.
I worked too hard as a kid to get to the top of the totem pole to only end up at the bottom a few years later, after all that sacrifice; when my time didn't mean so much to me.
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home