epicDude's Ramblings

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm a Quitter

***Alarm buzzing*** It's 7:30am. Time to get up for work. Hop out of bed, still tired from being up late. Where's my pack? Oh yeah, on the desk. Ahhh only 2 left, this will get me through until I leave for lunch.

I smoke 2-4 at lunch; really just depends how stressful my day is and how far I drive.

After work I'm good for 2 on the way home, and after dinner I kick into overdrive and probably kill another 10-15 before bed time. I'll stay up late if it means I can squeeze one more in.

[fast forward 3 years]

Three years, seven days, to be more precise. I've avoided 22,000+ cigarettes. I've saved over $4,000.00. At around 5 minutes a smoke, I've saved about 11 weeks of my life.

It was the smartest thing I've ever done. I don't wake up wheezing, I don't feel tight chested, I don't heave and huff up stairs. I piss my money away on other things. The air smells better, food has more flavor, and if I ever have kids or grandkids, I'll be able spend more time with them.

I don't litter butts anymore. I'm still a butthead, but that's part of my core.

I must confess though; around September I had a relapse. Her name was Kristi, aka Psycho Slut (didn't tap it, thank goodness). It started innocent enough, I lit one for her because she was too drunk. A lite turned to a drag turned into a whole one into a pack into a more-than-just-with-her mental obsession; again.

I was on and off again for 2 months. TWO MONTHS!? While winning bike races mind you. Three years of being smoke free, super healthy, and I, LE CHAMP have a relapse!? I'm good again, I don't think about it, I missed my 3 year without a thought of the last one. I don't count the 2 month stint.

I'm a quitter.

-Dude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home