epicDude's Ramblings

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The POM

I was in high school. Youngest kid at the joint, makin' web pages, earning some sweet cash for a kid, life was good. Sometimes I miss the good ole days!

We worked with a ton of different people. One was a guy named Ron (I think). We called him POM (Pompous Old Man). He was our marketing director, and he was a complete idiot.

We worked in one building. Across the street was another (can you believe it!?). We used to go over to the concierge for snacks in the morning and sometimes afternoon too. One day POM went over for a candy bar and came back about an hour later, sweating like crazy. He'd gotten lost outside in the heat; couldn't find his way back across the street. This is not made up.

He was so oblivious, that making fun of him to his face was too easy ... so we'd write mock emails, pretending to him, to eachother. If I can find any at home, I'll post a couple. They were hysterical.

-Dude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home