epicDude's Ramblings

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When all is well. It's not.

Life is good. I have a beautiful home ... I have the Animal. I'm healthy. My family is healthy. Life is great.

Today I went to the dentist for the first time in about 7 years. It hurt like a bitch, and cost $230 ... but they told me I don't have any cavities!?!?! What about the holes in my molars!??!? Oh, those are from grinding my teeth!? Sweet. I figured I was going to have to drop at least a grand on fillings. Much to my surprise, my teeth are in FANTASTIC shape. Dude 1 - Day 0.

Had a horrific 2 hour phone conference that I had figured out in the first 20 minutes. But you know business types ... they never shut up and will stop at nothing to prove you wrong, unless you're right. Then they just beat you with a limp dick until it breaks off and you win. Dude 1 - Day 1.

A stock I have went up 50% today. It's my current underdog, since it tanked from being over $7, down to under $3. I doubled my position and have a few hundred shares. I might make it out alive after all! Dude 2 - Day 1.

Going to hang out with RG tonight. I hate to say it, but I miss her. Dude 3 - Day 1.

Go to the gym for a shock chest day. Awesome workout, hit my desired weights in sweet time, felt great! Dude 4 - Day 1.

As I'm backing out my pimp daddy ride, I'm on the end parking spot of a row. I see a car coming, but it looks to go by, so I keep backing out. Suddenly I see a flash in my rear view, FUCK the fucker turned. Brakes. Hear a slight scraping sound, but didn't get jolted at all. No biggie. I drive down the lot ... then I think; I should look. So I get out and look. FUCKER MOTHER FUCK. Scrape on the bumper. Looks like a blemish, but I need to go look at the other car.

Some Indian guy is getting in and out of his car with his Indian girl. Not that it matters what nationality, just saying. So I hollar at him. He looks. I show him mine. I explain we have similar marks, it's not a big deal to me since it looks like I can buff it out. He asks for my information just in case ... I give name and phone number. I explained if he wanted to go through insurance, I had to call the Police right then. He went and looked at his car again and said no biggie. I left.

Now that I'm home, I'm mad of course. I looked with a light. The mark is larger than I thought. It might not buff out. I'm angry. It wasn't my fault? It was my rear left to his rear right quarter panel. He overshot. My reverse lights were on. FUCK.

Dude 4 - Day 2. That's how I have to look at it. I have to convince myself that what happened happened, it's out of my control. I can analyze to death, or say what if I left +/- for the gym, or from the gym, etc. It was meant to be, this fender bender.

I have my health. I have my home and the animal. I have a job, and a girl who's really into me, and who gets me (so far). I have a scraped rear bumper, and that's ok.

Life goes on. Life is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home