The Dude On Mail and Weddings
Having a kickass credit score will make you resent the US Postal Service. I'm an unlucky mail person. I get tons of credit card offers and solicitations. Even Playboy screws up my mail; somehow I get two copies every month. Shit, maybe I'm the luckiest guy around! When I sell my collection I'll make double!
I usually let my mail pile up for about 6-8 months before I go through it all. Of course, in the interim I've pulled all the important shit; checks and Playboys.
Which leads me to weddings. I hate going to them. They're happy, sure, I'm happy for the couples, sure ... but something about them just plain fucking sucks the life out of me. My best friend is getting married next year ... that one I'll go to and not complain.
In any event ... when two worlds collide ... and my point:
For some reason I cannot send in RSVP's to weddings. I usually call just after the deadline and say "Yo, I'll be there" ... it's embarassing to be late or not RSVP, but for the life of me I can't bring myself to do it.
Why am I thinking about this? ... Right-o ... big wedding this weekend ... I'm just thankful for a couple days off work.
-Dude
I usually let my mail pile up for about 6-8 months before I go through it all. Of course, in the interim I've pulled all the important shit; checks and Playboys.
Which leads me to weddings. I hate going to them. They're happy, sure, I'm happy for the couples, sure ... but something about them just plain fucking sucks the life out of me. My best friend is getting married next year ... that one I'll go to and not complain.
In any event ... when two worlds collide ... and my point:
For some reason I cannot send in RSVP's to weddings. I usually call just after the deadline and say "Yo, I'll be there" ... it's embarassing to be late or not RSVP, but for the life of me I can't bring myself to do it.
Why am I thinking about this? ... Right-o ... big wedding this weekend ... I'm just thankful for a couple days off work.
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home