The Animal ...
The Animal is small. He's pretty set in his ways. If you get near him while he has a toy in his mouth, he growls. If you're under 5 ft tall, he growls. If you're African American, he growls.
He also doesn't like to play with other dogs. There's only about 4 dogs he's ever played with. That's just how he is. He's all talk. He just wants people and animals to respect his space. He never bites or attacks.
Enter Woman's Dog. Doesn't listen to commands ... sweet, but rather boring. About 3-4 times Animal's size. Constantly steals toys from the Animal. If we're playing fetch, she steals the ball and never brings it back. I don't mind playing with her, I like it ... but I'd like it MORE if she'd bring the ball back.
The animal learned real quick that if you don't bring the toy back, the Dude won't go fucking fetch it for you. Game Over.
In any event. Last night Woman's Dog wanted to play with the Animal. She was pouncing around. He didn't want to play with her, so he growled at her. At this point she goes fucking apeshit and attacks him. This is the 4th time this has happened. Last time, his ear bled 'cause she nipped it!
Last night I freaked out though. He was crying and limped off a few feet until I got him. I pet all over his head, to make sure he's ok. And there was blood all over my hand. I started freaking out. If I lost him, I'd rip Woman's Dog's heart out with my bare hands. I'm not kidding.
I took him to the kitchen to get him away and check him out. Thankfully it was just that she bit his ear and it was bleeding. But for a little guy like the Animal, it was so much blood. It stopped after a minute. At which point it was all over the kitchen floor. There was even blood spatter on the dishwasher. It was a pretty scary scene for a dog-parent.
The Woman surprised me. She mentioned giving the dog to a family member. Now, while I wouldn't EVER do this with the Animal ... it really did make sense. I don't like to feel like I'm forcing someone to be a certain way ... but it really would make it safer. I can't leave the Animal with Woman's Dog alone ... for fear of what might happen.
If anything ever happened to the Anima l... I don't know what I'd do with myself.
-Dude
He also doesn't like to play with other dogs. There's only about 4 dogs he's ever played with. That's just how he is. He's all talk. He just wants people and animals to respect his space. He never bites or attacks.
Enter Woman's Dog. Doesn't listen to commands ... sweet, but rather boring. About 3-4 times Animal's size. Constantly steals toys from the Animal. If we're playing fetch, she steals the ball and never brings it back. I don't mind playing with her, I like it ... but I'd like it MORE if she'd bring the ball back.
The animal learned real quick that if you don't bring the toy back, the Dude won't go fucking fetch it for you. Game Over.
In any event. Last night Woman's Dog wanted to play with the Animal. She was pouncing around. He didn't want to play with her, so he growled at her. At this point she goes fucking apeshit and attacks him. This is the 4th time this has happened. Last time, his ear bled 'cause she nipped it!
Last night I freaked out though. He was crying and limped off a few feet until I got him. I pet all over his head, to make sure he's ok. And there was blood all over my hand. I started freaking out. If I lost him, I'd rip Woman's Dog's heart out with my bare hands. I'm not kidding.
I took him to the kitchen to get him away and check him out. Thankfully it was just that she bit his ear and it was bleeding. But for a little guy like the Animal, it was so much blood. It stopped after a minute. At which point it was all over the kitchen floor. There was even blood spatter on the dishwasher. It was a pretty scary scene for a dog-parent.
The Woman surprised me. She mentioned giving the dog to a family member. Now, while I wouldn't EVER do this with the Animal ... it really did make sense. I don't like to feel like I'm forcing someone to be a certain way ... but it really would make it safer. I can't leave the Animal with Woman's Dog alone ... for fear of what might happen.
If anything ever happened to the Anima l... I don't know what I'd do with myself.
-Dude
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home